Monday, June 10, 2013

Birthday

On May 27th I turned 28 years old. I feel that after the age of 25 I started to notice myself grow-up. Looking back, I remember all the changes, mostly inner changes, finally seeing the blooming of maturity making its way into this world. Making decisions is still difficult but I have resources that ten or fifteen years ago I did not have. I remember little 10 year-old Me, was very curious about what I would be like as an adult, if I would be married, have kids, what I would be doing with my life. So I will tell you, Little Me, you have no idea of the amazing journey ahead of you:

My shyness did not go away, socializing has gotten easier although it's no piece of cake but that did not stop me from doing what I wanted, always. I fulfilled the dream of learning how to draw and paint. I took theater, art and dance classes. I became an amateur seamstress. I took French classes and I learned how to cook. But all that wouldn't have been possible if Mom and Dad hadn't decided to move to the USA. At the age of 17, I met the man of my dreams and we dated for 4 years before getting married. You have nothing to worry about, he is very handsome, has a heart of gold and an incredible sense of humor (he makes me smile even when I'm mad)! Still no kids and no career but I'm happy of having tried so many things. I am still young and have time to decide if there's anything I want to do for the rest of my life. Mom, Dad, Noe and Ricky are doing great, we've all had our ups and downs but we are doing fine and are very close. Last year was a big year, everyone got their own places and I got a cat, her name is Lily and she is a brat but she is the cutest thing, look forward to that, she will save you from a major depressive episode in the beginning of 2012. But don't worry much about that, we all go through a dark period, it adds up to the experience of living, we need light and dark and all the shades in between. That being said, your future you is in a good place right now, tomorrow is uncertain but full of possibilities and the past has been really satisfying. Keep doing what you're doing, it's all alright ;-)

__________________________________________________________________________________The weekend of Memorial Day, Mauro and I took our first long trip with Charlie the car. We went to Cape May, NJ. It is 2 1/2 hours from where we live. We left home at 7:30 am just in case there was a lot of traffic. It was raining so I knew we wouldn't be at the beach that much. The sky cleared out although it was windy so we had to bundle up a bit.

 

We spent at the most, 2 hours at the beach over the 3 days we stayed...what could I expect at the beginning of the season, right?

But anyway, we had a lovely time walking around town. It is a beautiful place just to stroll around. Cape May is full of cute little stores, waiting to warm you up with their charm.

 

We actually stayed in a beautiful B&B in Cape May Court House, a town 15 minutes away from Cape May. It's called The Doctor's Inn.

 

As soon as I stepped into the huge house, I felt like part of the cast of Downton Abbey (although there was no butler :-P ).

 

 

Maybe I'm exaggerating or I have a big imagination but it was awesome. Most of the furniture and decorations were antiques probably from two centuries ago.

 

 

What I loved the most was breakfast, although it was a continental style buffet breakfast, the ambiance created was really magical.

 

There was a lot of detail in everything from the tea cups to the classical music they played while we ate.

 

On the last day, after a delicious breakfast we headed home to celebrate my birthday with the family. I was a little tired from driving but we had a great time, eating pizza, fudge and salt water taffies from Cape May, chips with salsa, Noe's Flan and Strawberry Cocktails and Tiramisu! Which was actually the birthday cake my mom made while we were away, the best cake ever! Thanks Ma :-)

 

So that was my birthday weekend, very exciting and surrounded by loved ones, nothing else I could ask for...

Till next time!

xoxo

Curiouseed

 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...