This is a huge event in my life, it's the last step to independence. So yes, now you are reading a post from a completely independent woman.
To tell you the truth it has been a very difficult week. First with the exam, I was so nervous, that whole week leading to the test I would shiver every time I realized how little time was left. Then after that, driving my own car! That was more exciting than nerve-racking but driving by myself was a big challenge. The first day on my own did not feel very good, I felt lonely and very tense. My whole body has been aching and I've been so tired! Either, I haven't recovered from the weekend (back and forth all 72 hours, even in my sleep) or the stress of driving every day is really affecting me...I've never felt so tired after a stressful situation, the good news is that after I incorporate the driving into my routine it should all go back to normal and I'll really start to enjoy it.
Lentil Picadillo recipe I've shared in the past. It is a Lentil Loaf that will rock your world! It tastes amazing and nutritionally, it cannot get any better, check it out...
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 cup lentils, soak for at least 2 hours with 1 cup of water (measure before soaking)
- 3 cups water with 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups onions, sliced (about 2 medium onions)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican Oregano)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oats cooked with 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Bread Crumbs to coat pan
- Pour the 3 cups of water with salt into a medium saucepan and add the lentils.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and add the onions.
- Cook until transparent.
- Incorporate the lentils, red pepper flakes, cumin, oregano, paprika and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan and coat with bread crumbs.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes and mix in the eggs.
- Pour the paste into the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool down before slicing.