Enjoy and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Pumpkin Thumbprint Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ingredients (24 cookies)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Blackstrap Molasses
- 6 drops liquid stevia extract (half packet of Truvia or similar)
- 1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (I used sodium-free baking powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I used canned)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Blackstrap Molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia extract (12 packets of Truvia or similar)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
In a small bowl combine the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, molasses, stevia, sugar, flax seeds, milk, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or by hand.
Add the chopped walnuts.
With a tablespoon measure scoop some of the dough, form a ball with your hands and flatten them.
Place on the baking sheets.
With your thumb make a depression on the center of each cookie.
Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of filling on each cookie.
Place the cookie sheets on a rack in the middle of the oven.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutritional Information per cookie
Total Fat: 5.2g (Sat 2.2, Polyunsat. 1.7, Monounsat. 1.7g, Trans 0g)
Vitamin A: 19%
Vitamin C: 0.3%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Powered by Recipage