Monday, August 6, 2012

Green Smoothies

I am trying to replace sugary foods with more healthful ones, like vegetables. To be honest I've never been a veggie fan, ever! I could eat a huge bowl of fruit but not a huge plate of salad. Because I've been logging in all I eat in My Fitness Pal, I've realized the amount of sugar I've been consuming. It was outrageous, always over the limit!!! That is why I started making sugar-free and fruit-free green smoothies :-). After a few trials, I've figured out how to make them satisfying and delicious. If your diet is vegetable deficient like mine was, you'll really benefit from these. It's been a little bit more than a week and I can see the results, I feel lighter, my skin looks better and my mind is happy knowing that my body is getting what it needs. Give it a try!!



Kale and Coffee Smoothie



by Ruth Reynoso-Sance
Prep Time: 3 minutes


Ingredients (16 oz)
  • 2 cups kale
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
  • 1 scoop protein powder (I used chocolate flavor)
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
  • 6 oz brewed coffee
  • Stevia, to taste
  • Salt, 1 pinch
  • 1/2 cup ice cubes
  • Optional: you can add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter to make it even more filling, it will increase the calorie content.
Instructions
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Enjoy!


Nutrition Facts using Nutribiotic Rice Protein


Calories: 233
Total Fat: 7.7g (sat. 0.5g, polyunsat. 2.2g, monounsat. 0.6g, trans. 0g)
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 470.1mg
Potassium: 571.1mg
Total Carbs: 16g
Fiber: 5.1g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 29.1g
Vitamin A: 218%
Vitamin C: 140%
Calcium: 55%
Iron: 13%

Daily Percentage Values based on a 2000 calorie diet.




Greens and Ginger Smoothie


by Ruth Reynoso-Sance
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Keywords: blender beverage gluten-free low-carb low-sodium sugar-free vegetarian vegan soy-free

Ingredients (16 oz)
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice, preferably unsweetened)
  • 2 cups shredded greens (in this case I used Romaine Lettuce)
  • 1/2-1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (about 25g of protein)
  • Stevia, to taste
  • 1/2 cup ice cubes
Instructions
In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend until very smooth.
Enjoy!

Nutritional Information using Nutribiotic Rice Protein
Calories: 218
Total Fat: 7.1g ( sat. 0.5g, polyunsat. 1.9g, monounsat. 0.5g, trans. 0g)
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 206.3mg
Potassium: 476.5mg
Total Carbs: 12.7g
Fiber: 6g
Sugars: 3.2g
Protein: 27.7g
Vitamin A: 119%
Vitamin C: 46%
Calcium: 48%
Iron: 9%

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Powered by Recipage

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...