Sunday, January 29, 2012

Liebster Award! and more...


Last Sunday, I had a wonderful day, we went to the gym and had a very good workout. By the time we got home we were starving! So we decided to order pizza from Vinnie's, a local Italian restaurant and pizzeria that makes the best white pizza! (sorry no pictures). I had a beautiful time with my siblings and my husband.

At the end of the day, I checked my e-mail and, Oh Surprise! Anna from Crunchy Creamy Sweet had given me a Liebster Blog Award!
A perfect closing for a perfect day.  I am so happy, first award ever for Spring of a Curiouseed :-)
Thank you so much Anna for this award and for encouraging me to keep writing and creating!
You must visit her blog, she is really a talented baker (I promise you will drool during the length of your stay!)

And to keep spreading happiness, I want to give the Liebster Award to these 5 wonderful bloggers!

Marina @ Cowboy Country Vegetarian
Leanne @ Around the Table: Loving Food in RI & Beyond...
Chris @ Sweet Mornings
Gursahiba @ Exquisite Niche
Soni @ Soni's Food for Thought



And because today I am inspired to write, let me explain what I'll be adding to my recipes from now on. In March of last year I got pretty sick with the flu, and I don't know about you but for me, those moments tend to be pretty revealing. I grabbed my You Can Heal Your Life (Louise Hay) book and I randomly, opened it in the excessive eating page, nothing to do with the flu but the information I read was something I had been needing for a while. I had been battling with excessive eating for a while and with the guilt that accompanies it. The book basically said that we eat excessively because we try to block feelings away to protect ourselves from them. The phrase she recommends repeating (to convince the mind of a new pattern to follow), is "My feelings are normal and acceptable and I allow myself to FEEL" (I translated it from the Spanish edition so it might be a bit different in the English version). For all of you who are emotional eaters, you can probably relate to this and I will give you some of my examples. Often times, I would eat out of frustration, especially when cooking. When something did not come out as I expected it, I would want to try it infinite times to see what I did wrong and then I would  want to eat it just because I was upset that I had eaten so much. I was punishing myself for the initial reaction by eating more! This vicious cycle would have been prevented if I had accepted my feelings of frustration as totally natural and normal and not trying to cover them up with the good feelings food gave me (even if not very yummy, I liked eating), I was cheating myself.   It is a little complicated, the human mind can get so tangled!. Other times, I would eat when I had an argument with my husband, I would cover up my feelings of anger with food. I know a lot of people do that. Allowing oneself to feel is no easy task, I had been working on that all last year and I still do. As a result, I gained 15 lbs and I said this can be no more! So I started counting calories a few days ago. I've done it before and it got pretty obsessive so hopefully this time I will be able to conquer that flaw and be able to live peacefully. I figured that if I limit myself with actual numbers instead of with an abstract idea somewhere up in the air, I will be forced to deal with my emotions in a healthier way (I'm open to suggestions!), observe them, accept them and move on. So from now on, I will include nutritional information for all my recipes and little by little, add this info to my previous ones.

 Live the present moment and accept yourself and your feelings as totally healthy and normal! We are perfect with all of our imperfections :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...