Thursday, November 10, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Tofu Salad

Ever since I discovered that if I freeze tofu the texture can be changed, that is the only way I eat it. I enjoy the meatier and chewier texture rather than its flan-like original one. Of course, this is not recommended for recipes that require smoothness or creaminess. So, start by freezing the tofu,  thawing it and then proceed with the recipe.




Ingredients

8 oz tofu, frozen and thawed
1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
 2 green onions, sliced
½ cup mashed potatoes
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste


Directions

Wrap the tofu in a piece of cheesecloth or clean cloth.




 Twist the cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.


Unwrap and coarsely chop :)


In a medium bowl combine the tofu, green onions and roasted pepper.


Prepare the mashed potatoes. I used instant potato flakes mixed with just water, you can use milk if you'd like. Add it to the tofu.


 Add the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.


Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The longer it rests the more flavor the tofu soaks up! In my case, I could only put away half of the salad, the other half was already in my tummy :-P


Enjoy! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...