Friday, November 18, 2011

Real Mint Hot Chocolate and a partial Elvis

Today I woke up craving mint hot chocolate. Lacking such extract, I, being an avid tea drinker, remembered I kept dried mint leaves in my pantry. So I decided to experiment. It turned out to be very simple to make such beverage. To accompany my morning cup I decided to make a partial Elvis. What is The Elvis? Well, it is Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich: peanut butter and banana (with bacon). Omitting the bacon, mine became a partial Elvis. I'm still thinking if I would dare to add veggie bacon to the sandwich...I am curious so I might ;-)



Real Mint Hot Chocolate



Ingredients
2 tablespoons dried mint leaves
1/4 cup water
1 cup milk of your choice
2-3 teaspoons of stevia ( Truvia) or sweetener of your choice
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 pinch of sea salt


Preparation
In a small saucepan or aluminum cup, bring the mint leaves and water to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.




Add the milk and heat it up watching it so it doesn't spill. Once it starts boiling, remove from the heat and let it steep for 5-7 minutes.




Remove the leaves and pour the milk into a blender, add the sweetener, cocoa powder and salt. Blend well and enjoy!!






Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich




Ingredients
1 whole wheat thin bagel, toasted
1 tablespoon peanut butter ( preferably natural)
1 small banana


Preparation
Cut the banana lengthwise and cut each half in half making quarters. Spread the peanut butter on both halves of the bagel and top with the banana pieces ( I could only fit 3 ), top with the other bagel half and press strongly to "amalgamate" the filling. Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy!!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...