Monday, October 31, 2011

Sunday of Indulgences

Sunday at 9:30 am I was supposed to run my first 5K race but it was postponed until the end of November because of the snow storm. Can you believe it? Snow in October!!
View from my kitchen window of the snow on the rooftops (a lot of it had melted away )

So I decided to indulge in the small pleasures of life: eating and cuddling on the couch reading and watching movies.

I started out the morning with a decadent Banana Mocha Oatmeal breakfast. This recipe makes 2 very filling servings (which I ate all by myself!)



Ingredients
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup milk
1 pinch salt
1 tsp instant coffee
2 tsp sugar, or to taste
1/2 medium banana, sliced
1 tbsp of semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Mix the oats, milk, salt, coffee and sugar in a small bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or cook on the stove top, in a small pot, for 1 minute, remove from heat and cover for 3 minutes . Add the banana slices and top with chocolate chips and enjoy!

 I didn't feel like going out, being that the lovely autumn colors were topped by a layer of winter white and that brings me down a little, so in the evening we decided to order some Mexican food from Senorita's, a favorite among Bloomfield and surrounding communities.  

My husband ordered the Fish Burritos Ay, Caramba! (misspelled Hay, Caramba on their website) with tilapia.( He claims) they are so good that he gets them every time we order from them. 


 I ordered the mushroom quesadillas. They were delicious, the right amount of salt, and the sour cream and Pico de Gallo were the perfect complement. All orders come  with a side of tortilla chips and salsa.


 And for dessert, Mauro ordered the Homemade Caramel Flan, which in my opinion had an excess of vanilla extract (I've had better)


 I ordered the Mango Passion Fruit Cake which was delicious! It was a layered cheesecake, the top was mixed with the passion fruit, then it had a layer of regular cheesecake and the traditional cookie crumb bottom.


It came with diced mango on the side.



This day was all a cold Sunday day is supposed to be, a perfect day to stay home with our loved ones and indulge in the small pleasures of life. After all, these are the moments that keep our hearts alive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...